Sunday, August 07, 2005

Saturday, August 6h 2005

I woke up at 1030am and made some blueberry pancakes for breakfast. After relaxing for a little while I headed out to NYSC at 86th for a shoulder workout. I made it back to my apartment by 1230.

A detective came by and asked me some questions about the shooting last night. I told him what little I knew. The guy got shot four times across the street from me, he is in the hospital and may live but is being uncooperative.

At 230 I left and went to the Sheep Meadow in Central Park. It was a really nice day today. I hung out there until 4pm and met up with Adam near Columbus Circle, he was getting out of work. We checked out the mall there and then sat down at a pizza place.

We headed downtown and stopped at a bar where we met up with Nicole and Neel, who took the train in from DC. Mimi came through with Jay who had driven down from Boston. At 7pm we walked over to Sanjit's brothers apartment. It was a really great place.

There was a variety of Indian food, Indians, and liquor. The turnout was excellent--the apartment had a roof deck which overlooked the Statue of Liberty. There were a bunch of kids from Columbia who I had not seen in a while. The party was Sanjit's going away party, he is leaving for St. George's medical school in the Caribb0ean. Congratulations Snajit! You're a great guy and I wish you the best of luck this coming year--I'm definately gonna try and make it down to visit you and Nisha.

There was plenty of time to enjoy the party. I love when people get together on the early side; on the whole people tend to go out too late. Maybe I am just an old man. The next party I throw will begin early.

We headed out after eleven and went to Alphabet City. I stayed out until 315am, and thoroughly beat took the subway home. I fell asleep on the train which turned out to be a good thing as it made the ride home seem miraculously short. I got off at 116th and walked down to my apartment. I made some food and went to sleep at 445.


Post a Comment

<< Home