Sunday, February 12, 2006

Week Ended February 12th, 2006

I spent Superbowl Sunday at Rustam's house. As is the tradition, he went all out with an spread of food and drink. I prepared some MSG-laden chicken sandwiches for the occasion. The game was okay but the commercials were AMAZING! I love COMMERCIALS!!! Woohooo! In all seriousness though, commercials are great...not just on the superbowl...anytime.

Work this week was very productive--I have been spending a lot of time with the HCID database. We've got some great guys (certainly overqualified) working remotely throughout the country helping us clean it up and populate it with new companies.

I took it easy on Monday. I did my laundry, went grocery shopping and cleaned up my apartment. On Tuesday I had a satisfying workout and then went to Queens and hung out at Dave's place. Wednesday I watched "Dog Day Afternoon" (I don't recommend it) and then headed to Morningside and hung out with Rustam and Adam. Late Thursday I met up with some new friends I had met the week before at 1020; one of the girls was having a birthday party.

Around 630 on Friday I walked to Morningside and hung out with Rustam, Dave, Francesca and Jill. Rustam, Dave and I headed out around 9 and hit up Adam's apartment. Sarah (visiting from Rochester) and Henry (who displayed his tremendous yo-yo abilities) were there. We sat around until late and then went out for one drink at Redemption.

On Saturday I got up early, worked out, and then brought some shelving to Jon S' new studio on 85th. We went to a coffee shop and chatted for a few hours. We stopped by his old place and hung with Shrob and Evan. At 6 I headed home and made some dinner. And at 9 I headed downtown and met up with Sarah, Adrienne, and Sean. A friend of theirs, Mike, lives on Crosby Street in Soho.

At 1130 we departed for Solas on East 9th for Erica Z's birthday party. Adam stopped by around midnight and I ran into Marissa B., an acquaintance from Tufts. I had a great time at the party, and after splitting a cab to 59th, took the subway home.

I didn't get to bed until 430 but woke up at 730am. It has been snowing like crazy. They are predicting total accumulation of 18 - 24 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home