Monday, February 12, 2007

Super Human Powers


While at a recent birthday celebration an acquaintance asked me, “What’s new?”

It’s a loaded question, especially for me. Last year, I might have told him what I’ve been up to lately. Or, perhaps, if something exciting had happened in my recent past. But lately, the answer is not so simple.

You see, for the past few months I’ve been plagued by a rapidly developing superpower.

I informed my friend hoping he would ask me no more. But
as is the nature of my beast, when questioned further I chose the course of full disclosure.

“Bluntness,” I replied. “I’ve killed lesser men with mere speech.”

It’s a dangerous weapon, bluntness. At any moment I'm liable to spout out some truth in too direct a manner, reeking utter havoc on those around me.

You might compare me to Cyclops from the x-men—when he doesn't wear sunglasses lasers shoot out of his eyes and people get their heads blown off .

There are no sunglasses for bluntness. My power is starting to grow beyond me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marissa Beck said...

LOL. beware of the little green man, a fortress he will burn.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home