Monday, March 19, 2007

A response to 'A Dream I had'

It was June 3rd, 2005. I decided to be brave and take the train to NYC by myself - I was still shaky and I went in to meet my mom and Phil for dinner - I clutched that phone - it was my life-line.

I had a belt clip for the phone and just when the train was pulling into grand central I clipped the phone to my pocketbook - I got off the train - as I crossed through the doorway my elbow brushed against the clip and then - my heart stopped - my phone had fallen between the platform and the train onto the tracks. I was seized with panic. I was late to meet my mom and had no way to tell her where I was. I was meeting my brother in law and forgot where his office was and didn't know how to find him.

I just stood there staring. Are you riveted?

Next chapter - the fairy tale.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i am going to have to charge you if you are going to use my material

and by the way - that story looks much better - tighter than the one i sent

5:21 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Well, you posted about it so I know you ended up alive and well...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Douglas Cress said...

Hi gregory - I'm looking forward to the riveting conclusion.

I did clean it up the post somewhat. I try to maintain an editorial standard here at Douglas Cress.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Douglas Cress said...

(except when posting comments where I prefer to masacre the Egnlish languoge)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home