Saturday, May 21, 2005

Friday, May 20th 2005

I got out of bed at 720am, washed my face and made oatmeal and eggs for breakfast. I browsed the news for a few minutes and then left for HCID.

It was crazy again today, the last day before the HY POLO match. The phone was ringing off the hook (on all three lines). I got in at 830; Brett and I held down the fort until reinforcements arrived around eleven.

I added a few last minute items to the auction. I printed out a filemaker listing of all the donors, and put that together in the manual for the auction coordinator on the day of the event. I touched base with her later in the day, she seemed absolutely clueless, I hope everything turns out alright.

After printing payment sheets, I wrote a memo to the auction coordinators tyring to explain the silent auction in detail. I met with a woman who brought over a bunch of autction goods. Although friendly, she was somewhat of a distraction--she kept engaging me in conversation as I tried to finsh a number of things.

I was glad to be out there fy 120pm. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I floated over to 502 park, I made some lunch when I got in. I then took the dogs on a 40 minute walk. I spoke with my father part of the way.

When I got back I used the computer and chatted on IM. I took some laundry downstairs at 315. I hung out, made some car reservations, and took the dogs on a walk at 445 - 540; I met Ivanka Trump in the elevator. I unloaded the dishwasher and set the table on my return.

CK, Larry, and BK were served in the living room, while Marla, Molly and myself ate in the kitchen. We had chips with guacamole and salsa, chicken and shrimp, sauteed onions and peppers, refried beans, and grilled portabello mushrooms. After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and mopped CK's room. At 835 I took the dogs on a long walk. I left 502 Park at 940.

When I got home I watched an episode of Deadwood and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home